W-e-I 不足道

DuN cRy cOz iT's oVeR, sMiLe cOz iT HaD hApPeNeD..

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Interview

Was 10 mins early but I heard e interview was delayed coz XM(e first onee) was late.. and so it dragged on,,
Waited for 3.20 to abt 4pm.. while waiting I can hear a bit of e interview n was rather nervous.. coz I tink HL(e gal b4 me) sounded v confident. Sth which I lack.. aiyo.. I am always nt so gd such that I can hear my voice cracking..as thou I gona break down like dat.. silly stupid me..
HL came out.. smiling.. confident.. with make up, a tight blouse and short skirt..gracefully she waved at me.. and then walked out smartly..
At at moment.. I looked at myself. Grey blouse, black pants, no makeup, hair tied at e back. Big $10 or $9 worth espirit bag. Plus a paper bag wif my sneakers inside. Coz for training e dress code is casual.
Hmmm, plain me vs well-dressed fashionable HL.. reali feel like taking my leave n give it a missed..

Hmmm, I would say e interviewer did ask some expected qns which I noe how to ans..and also some expected qns which I answered in a way which is true to me but I noe is not the answer they want.

There were 2 interviews one guy n one gal.. e lady is nicer n her qns are easier to ans.. as for e guy.. ehem..

Some sample qns n answers tat I rem:
Basically there r looking for ppl to do marketing n sales for them..

why do you want to take up tis program..
I told them I wanna try a hand on some other stuff other den engineering..
(actuly.. I may be lying.. coz one part of me tinks sticking to chem. Engin stuff might be safer in case I wana be engineer in future.. but e other part of me tinks tat a diff exp muz be quite refreshing n gd..)

he asked me why I chose triple sci n chem. Eng..e so heavy subject..
I told him.. coz I am better in sci n maths as compared to humanities..more interested n confident.chose engin coz wanted a professional degree.. chem. Eng coz more interested n better prospects..

Immediately.. he shot back.. who says so?
Oops.. I tot him.. chem. Engine industry yet to be saturated.. stil needs expertise n pro.. more like a safeguard.. to be a chem. Engineer.. need cert. to try other stuffs.. mebbe a general degree will be sufficient..so.. in case i change my mind n wana do other stuffs it is nt too late.

So u r in fact protecting e “down side” yet yearning for u “upside”? so what exactly are you thinking during your course of studies all these years?
Wa.. I stunned for while.. and responded.. I think I am juz a typical Singaporean student. Follows e rigid path.. taking whatever which I can do better n whatever which is deem to be good by others.. by government. Unless some, I dun exactly noe what I want, choose sth which is deem gd.. and do my best to excel in it. Perhaps. It is also coz I dunno wat I want, I reali hope to discover for myself what I am reali suited for, and this programme, this internship will allow me to make me understand myself on a personally level. However I do understand on the company side, it reali takes quite a bit to convinced them to take me and let me have a chance to try

So what makes you think will convince the company to take in some one with no prior knowledge?

I guess when the company believes that the person has what it takes and when e person fits e company’s expectation?

Come to think of it.. e gal also asked a couple of difficult n sensitive qns.:
E part when I tink my voice cracked e most.. silly me. I juz can’t control my emotions sometimes.. but I dun wanna appear like a fool!

So if I ask you to handle marketing.. are you confident of doing so?
Forgot what I say.

***start of awkward moments***

Tell me about yr family.. what does your parents do?
Oh.. so financially, will u be able to take it? Yr parents?
Oh.. u r trying for that scholarship.. what if you don’t get it?

The guy:
Would you say that it is considered very gd for you to be able to come into uni?
Nt really. Many ppl are capable of doing so. My sis also.There are actuly many students who are taking loans some form or another. So it is no big deal actually.

***awkwardness ends***

the guy continued:
Hmmm, are you an introvert or extrovert?
Erhm.. I would say both.. initially introvert.. and more extrovert among close friends.
Hey.. you wrote yr interests as..socialising , singing and volunteering! Socialing is nt for introverts.
I see socializing as of different levels. In a gathering or social meeting, one which I dunno anyone, mebbe takin the example when I first start working at a particular company.. I would say I am definitely nt e eye-catching one whom everyone will take notice of me, instead I would quietly observe n look out for ppl who r more of my kind, less active, reserved n lost? N approached them first.. den slowly form “my gp”.. when we have gt e numbers.. we will slowly catch more attention n perhaps get a chance to interact n approach e “shining” group.

Singing also wat. U meant KTV? U dare to sing yet consider yrself as introvert?
I rebutted I dun go singing wif strangers.. I go with close friends..

How about Volunteering?
Oh.. we volunteer nt for e sake of socializing thou I dun deny there is some form of interaction involved. Perhaps, we go with the same mindset, it’s much more easier..


One last question…Do you think IQ or EQ..
which is more important? (I guessed n completed his qn for him? oops)
Nope,, which one do you have?
Oh.. what a tough qn, I hestitant for quite some time.. b4 I say.. perhaps.. i wun say I have very high IQ n EQ but definitely above average.. as in..thou I might nt be the best, e most pop pr socialable.. I can get along well wif others..gain their respects n yet to get into any major conflicts so far in sch n at work. I guess I noe when to shut up, when to spk up, when to be more sensitive and when to take initiative. Like I say juz now.. I tend to observe more b4 taking action.

Anyway.. the interview was quite long. I tink it took abt 40-50 mins.. I can’t remember.. I tot I have no chance le..but was gald that e interview.. set me into thinking a lot.. hee

Anyway.. while typing tis blog.. Julie.e gal who interviewed me.. called me up for e sec interview with the director! I duno if I am excited but my heart was beating quite fast. She asked to if I am free on Friday but I have 2 other interviews to attend. So she asked me to come today at 4pm.

Ok. All e best to me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home